.

Saturday, November 28

The weeks fly by.................

Well, last weekend I shopped till I dropped, my friend came from Minnesota and we hit dang near every resale, thrift shop, the malls and the Shoe Box!!!  She is an expert resale shopper and can she find the deals!!!  I didn't do too badly got some really nice jackets, pants and the shoes were the real deal almost 300. shoes for 69.00 not bad.  I used to think resales, garage sales and thrift shops were no fun but boy you can save a ton of money, dress like a million bucks and no one is the wiser.  For my son's wedding I hit the jack pot with a 2 pc pink outfit, reversible to boot, found online for 200. bought at  a resale for 24.00 and the shoes brand new pink floral print 2.00 at a thrift store.  I paid more for the junk jewelry!!!I am a firm believer in recycling andshopping resales and donating to thrift stores or to resell is the trick.

Today we went tthe Craftacular craft sale in Madison, 80 artists that focus on repurposing, recyling and reusing anything and everything.  fabulous items, lots of buttons jewelry, books made into purses, skirts made from sweaters and t-shirts, felted, sewn, you name it, it was grand.  So much fun to see all the amazing talent.  I wore my black jacket with ?Grannies buttons and I got many compliments and like I said in that blog a 5.00 Savers jacket and a box of Grannies buttons and you have a one of a kind garment that everyone wants!!!!


On Wednesday and Thursday we took a jaunt up to Cornell, Wi for my father-in-laws 80th birthday.  Had a great time and saw the rellies.  Here's Elmer with Bert his Jack Russell and his best friend in one of my dog scarves with cupcakes for the big birthday!!!!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Turkey Day and have fun getting ready for Christmas!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dog Days

Dog Days
When is Dinner? Hope we don't get Vegetables again.