.

Monday, May 31

Fun Stuff!!!

It's been really busy, a big thanks to Bob at Robertswebworks, he has done a fabulous job with the website thus bringing all kinds of business!!!  So, for any of you thinking about a website please contact Bob he does a beautiful job!!!!!

The first pics are a creation by my  friend Carolyn, she found some vintage carnival print and made this cute skirt and purchased a black T and embellished with handmade yo- yo's.  Plus the yo- yo's coordinate with the skirt ruffle.  Skirts are so much fun because they are easy to whip up and much cooler for the summer.

Now the tut on pillows!!!!!
Here are some pillows I made for a customer out of her bark cloth, boy did they turn out cute, valances completed the project, and her living room looks great!!!

The pillows and the trick is the corners.  They are straight forward, flap back, flange style pillow with pre-made pillow insert.  I cut the pillow top and then the backs with extra fabric for the flaps, you can use velco I just made the flap deeper so no Velcro was needed.  Then I sewed the sides, I always sew a back tack where the flaps overlap due to the stress of inserting the pillow.  Then when you sew the top and bottom turn your seam inward and sew down.  I did not do any trimming of the seam as this is what makes a nice square corner.  Once you start cutting the corner away and pulling it out you have a great chance for holes and fraying.  You really don't have to do much picking to square this up, just turn it out and press.  This method can be used for any square corner, if you decide to trim the seams be very careful as the fabric in there is what holds the corner so nicely.
So, there is the trick of the day, not a new one but one we often forget!!!!

I actually got out a few prom dresses and am doing so fun creations which I will share when they are done.  I just picked up the new Altered Couture and Belle Amoire which are my favorite mags, they have such interesting works of art and give me inspiration.

  Time to call it a day and fix some brats!!!!  A Wisconsin tradition for most summer holidays!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dog Days

Dog Days
When is Dinner? Hope we don't get Vegetables again.