.

Sunday, December 18

Birthday Time!!!!

Great Grandpa Jack loves holding  Devin !!!  It is the best part of his day.  Great Grandma Marge likes baby watching the best!!!  What fun to see the four generations!!!
Tonight we celebrated the birthdays of Melissa, Brandon and Aubrey!!!  We had a dinner here at our new home in Osage Beach!!!  It is such fun to be near our kids and their spouses and grand daughter Devin.


Tonight I got going with the muffin tins, I made mac and cheese in the giant muffin tins homemade cheese sauce with bacon and bread crumb top.  Then I made mashed potatoes cooked in chicken broth mashed with sour cream, cream cheese and butter topped with shredded cheese.  They went nicely with sirloin steak sliced thin and shrimp, tossed salad and chocolate banana bundt cake.  I really like using the muffin tins they are cute and make life easy!!


I keep threatening to start sewing, butttttt it has been hard, I love to sew but really I was burned out and needed a rest!!!  I did do an order and will patch Brandon's jeans this week.  I also cut out a jacket out of an old quilt I had.  I actually have several old quilts and I decided I have had them hanging around for 30 plus years, they don't fit on any bed I own these days so I am going to make them into something useful!!!  A jacket will be the first project.  More on that later.

We have been running to Columbia for Dad's nose surgery, they got all the melanoma but the graft is questionable so back on Friday.  The we have a friend coming for Christmas from Arkansas, the kids will be here Christmas Eve and then they are heading up North.  I don't mind running to Columbia I got a membership for Sam's from my friend Lynne so I can replace my Costco runs, not as nice a Costco but it works well.

The best news this week, Dave got a job with a local slaughter house so he is back cutting meat.  Like the old days, the custom orders still have all the stuff like liver and tongue and heart, interesting!!!!  And all the custom are hanging beef, no boxes like the stores!!!  Back to lifting hind quarters!!!!  He was pretty excited and so are we!!!!!
  Someone has to work!!!

                                                     Have a wonderful Holiday Season!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great pics Jackie!! You deserve a break! Got the curtains - they are wonderful!! Have a Merry Christmas with your family!! :) Julie

    ReplyDelete

Dog Days

Dog Days
When is Dinner? Hope we don't get Vegetables again.