.

Wednesday, January 11

January in Missouri!!!!

                                                Happy New Year to one and all!!!

 We are trying to keep busy around here!!! 
 I still haven't gotten into full swing with my sewing but I am trying!!! 
 I found this plum/burgandy blazer at Goodwill for $5.00 and I bought it because I had found some expensive shoes at a resale shop and wanted to create and outfit.
 So finally I put it together with flowers made from ties, some leaves also made from ties, some ribbon,and a few pearls.
 I think it's quite fun!!!
 I was thinking of binding the edges of the lapels and the sleeves but in this case I believe less is more!!!
 What  with using ties you have the bias already done so it can be used in many ways!!! 
 Tomorrow I will go to the Lake Area Fiber Arts Club meeting and I think I'll wear my new duds!!!
 Let's hope they have the meeting, it was 50' all day and sunny, now the wind has kicked up and they are predicting snow, we shall see.
 It's really something when it snows in this neck of the woods, no one moves.  Well us Wisconsin folks know how to do it, 4 wheel drive and all!!!

Have a wonder January, the entire nation is enjoying warmer weather, we may be in for it now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dog Days

Dog Days
When is Dinner? Hope we don't get Vegetables again.