.

Sunday, June 24

WOW is it HOT!!!!!!

 104 on our deck, it is like an oven and this will go on for the whole week!!!!  
 No rain in sight, oh well, I always say I love the heat and I really do!!!!  
And as much as I do not like air conditioning I have to admit is is really nice!!!!

I just can't leave the scarves alone, not sure why, too hot to wear them but.....here's another fun, quick idea!!!  


Take the scarf and wet it and twist and roll it up and leave it out to dry, I just stuck it in the space on this table top, Dave thought it was a snake!!!!  Hee Hee!!!! 
 And we all know how much he loves snakes!!!!   Such a deal!!! 
 I'm sure you can do this with any cotton or silk scarf or skirt or whatever!!!

Here is a pile of t-shirts I  saved, all totaled about $3.00 also five skirts made from the pile. 


 The t-shirt skirts have been around for quite awhile, at least in the Madison area.
  I haven't seen any down here in Mid. Missouri.  These are simple, just cut up the t-shirts to show off the best print or pattern,make an a-line cut smaller waist larger hips.  Then I just serged on a piece of 1" elastic a bit smaller than the actual waist, the hem is serged or raw or cover locked, a few I used the t-shirt hem.
  This project is another one with no rules, just have fun!!!  The old t-shirts are really comfy and the skirts are really fun and cute, wash and wear just like you fav t-shirt only now it is a skirt!!!!!


And last but not least, my doggie


Dog days ???

Miss Abbey swimming at McCubbin's Point at Lake of the Ozarks.  Since we do not have a boat we are in search of fun places to hang out with our dog!!!  This is primitive camping and boat launch on the Glaize Arm of the Lake, mostly State Park and very nice, not the usual boat traffic, cleaner water and just very relaxing!!!

                                           
     
     
          Fourth of July is just around the corner, be safe!!!!
                                                       
                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dog Days

Dog Days
When is Dinner? Hope we don't get Vegetables again.