.

Monday, December 14

Happy Holidays!!!!

Just got the cards started and a few mailed, even wrote a letter telling all the wonderful things of 2009.  Generally those letters give me  much to chuckle about year round, almost can't wait for the next one to come!!!  The longer the better, it's like once they get going they can't possibly fit in all the good crap their kids did that year, amazing how wonderful, smart, talented, beautiful and on and on they can be!!!  So I kept mine to one page!!!!???!!!




Now I am just starting on these little pouches, purses, what ever they might become..  I had a request from an elderly customer who wanted a little bag to wear around her neck to house her cell phone, paper, pencil, glasses etc.  It had to be flat enough to go inside her blouse and close.  So two samples evolved. 

The blue/green one is a double pouch with flaps and velcro on each side, the pouch is bound in bias and makes a nice glass holder in between the pouches.  The red and black is one sided with a pocket on the front, thus being able to house a cell phone and have velcro hold it all together, button for decoration.  I'm not sure where these are going but I think they could be useful, any ideas out there???!!!!

I like the idea of having the cell phone around my neck as I can never find it otherwise and it can fall off the clip.  This is working well for dog walking too I can put my phone, drivers license, money etc in this pouch and have it right on me, then stuff it all in my purse if need be after the walk.   Also when traveling it can be worn under your top and not be noticable.  And it could be embellished and worn out all the time.  Let me know what YOU think!!????

Well our snow is not gone, we had a nice weekend with warmer temps, which was nice but made the roads slushy.  As we all know there is no money in the budget to do lots of snowplowing so we're on our own!!!!  Now we are heading for a deep freeze for a few days then back to the 20's.  My poor dogs, they love to be out and I just can't risk slipping and breaking a wrist!!!

This last weekned my friend and I went back to the Legacy Tea Room, on Madisons east side, we had a delightful lunch and tea then went to Willy Street to shop around.  Our favorite shop the had changed hands and not what we had hoped for, the kitchen shop is always great and of course St. Vinnies!!!  I hit the big time, brand new looking pair of black cords by Not Your Daughters Jeans regular price $6.70 on sale for half price, $3.35, WOW!!! these pants sell in the $90.+ range.  So I felt good about that bargain!!!

Hope you are all getting ready for the Holiday Season, our youngest son is coming home Sunday and we have Dinner Party on Saturday so lots to do!!!  Got some cookies under way and hope to get some more shopping in this week, packages to send and decor to put up!!!  Have fun!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dog Days

Dog Days
When is Dinner? Hope we don't get Vegetables again.