.

Sunday, December 6

The recycling bug bit again!!!!!


When my friend Jo and I returned from our Missouri trip we stopped in Historic Hannibal, MO.  I believe I mentioned that earlier.  While we were shopping I spotted a really cute jacket in chenille with yo-yo's and ruffled trims.  so on the thrift store shopping weekend I found this green wool blend sweater, not chenille but close enough, dug thru my stash and found an old black rayon skirt and some hot pink fabric and here were are!!!   First I found the center or the sweater and cut it then bound in bias pink.  I cut strips of the black and pink and finished them with the serger rolled hem and sewed them together, gathered them up for the cuffs and hem.  Sewed then on, serged them off and topped stitched the sweater side to hold the seam upwards and not showing.  Then I made the yo-yos 8" for the big ones and 5" for the smaller, topped off with 3 vintage silver buttons.  I used 5 coat snaps to fasten the jacket but now that I've worn it I need to tack the whole thing shut as it pulls, hummmm wonder what that means.  I guess I'll just use it as a pull over the head jacket???!!!  Always a solution. 

This jacket can be made from a sweat shirt or sweater or whatever trips your trigger!!!!!.  For this project I washed the sweater first but will have to dry clean from now on as the pink is silk.  The jacket I got my idea from cost $125.00 I made this for $4.00 sweater, stash fabric maybe $3.00, snaps that I will take off so no cost and time around 2 hours.  So for $7.00 and a bit of time I have a very fun holioday jacket to wear!!!

For me this is so much fun and I get such a kick out coming up with different, just makes me smile!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dog Days

Dog Days
When is Dinner? Hope we don't get Vegetables again.