.

Monday, February 15

Fabric Necklaces

I've been thinking about a fabric necklace for some time now and finally decided to try this out!!! 
 I figure this will work with a turtle neck or regular simple neckline on shell, tank, t-shirt etc. 
 I just made up a shape and cut it out of some black wool, a piece of batting and some lining.  
Then I took apart some ties and cut the strips, they of course are already on the bias, and sewed it on the back and folded to the front and hand stitched it down. 
 Then I made little flowers and leaves and yo-yo's out of the tie fabric, and used some ribbon and buttons.
  I put the ribbon and bias down with embroidery floss and french knots.  
This is a fun project that has no limits you can use any left over scraps of anything, yarn, floss, beads, buttons and do dads you have charms, old jewelry, the  sky is the limit. 
 These are the first three I envision dangling beads, fringe etc and different shapes.

What a great way to use up left over scraps and stuff!!  And you can personalize them with initials or favorite items for a keepsake, bridesmaid or bride gifts, grandparents the list goes on and on!!!!

Hope this gives you some ideas, again, I look forward to seeing what you come up with!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Dog Days

Dog Days
When is Dinner? Hope we don't get Vegetables again.