.

Sunday, August 8

Saturday Night Delight!!!

Saturday night we had our good friends, Jo Lynn and Bob, over for a little din din and I think it turned out quite well.  Not a real gourmet dinner with all the fancy stuff just a
nice backyard grilled dinner!!!







We started off with some steamed mussels, grilled roasted garlic bread and jalapeno poppers, butter and lemon on the side, not bad!!!


 Then we had a cucumber mint soup chilled, made with our garden cukes and mint.

                        The salad was all from our garden, fresh lettuce, tomatoes and cukes.

 
For the entree we had rib eye steaks and  shrimp both grilled on the wood fire and veggies stacks grilled on the gas grill. 
We grilled zucchini, eggplant and onions and layered them hot with mozzarella and hot pepper cheese, put a stick of rosemary thru them, and let the cheese melt. 
Very good, and eye-pleasing. 
A rice dish finished off the meal.


For dessert Bob made a Lemon Blueberry tart topped with whipped cream.  He makes his own lemon curd which is outstanding!!!!  The pictures are worth a thousand words,  and now that Bob and Jo  finally got thru to me HOW to take pictures and use my camera. I just may have some decent shots!!!





Believe it or not I have a fun T-shirt tut coming up and I am going to get back to the sewing stuff.
Carolyn and I had gone to Arlington Heights to give a lesson on the naturally dyed scarves to a Neighborhood group there.  Twenty eight gals attended and it was a lot of fun.  But for that deal I made up a few new scarves and I think I'm on to another look for the scarves, more on that later.
Plus I got a big order for walking canes, so pictures of those will be coming!!!  

    Storms this a.m. so off to the sewing machines, tons of weddings to finish!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Dave and Jackie,
    What a wonderful dinner and evening!
    The food was outstanding.
    Thank you for sharing your time and culinary skills with us.
    That was one of the best tasting steaks I have ever had.
    Bob and Jo Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That salad looked really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a meal- can you post your cucumber soup recipe? I have lots of cukes and need recipe ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Dog Days

Dog Days
When is Dinner? Hope we don't get Vegetables again.