.

Sunday, August 29

White Petal T-Shirt

 This is a simple, fun and quick project you can do WHATEVER you want,
Just Go Crazy!!!!! 
 

A couple years ago while returning from a road trip to Milwaukee we came across a boutique in Elm Grove, WI.  They had this shirt on the rack for $90.  White Tee with white petals sewn on, all knit. 
So, we went to the sale room and I found two pink Tees for $5.00 each and went home and went to town!!!!

This year I decided to do something around the neck and do the white on white.  Buy 2 T-Shirts same or different colors or use scraps of knit in your stash and buy one shirt.  First I cut 18 large petals approximately 6" x 1', see photo taper ends wider in middle, 36 or so 5"x1" and 18 or more 3"x 1".  Scoop out neck line if you wish and sew petals around the neck randomly.  Then find the center of the shirt and put down your larger petals pin in place and sew right down the middle back tacking at both ends.  If you pull the petal the long way it will curl, have the curl up when you sew then it rolls really nice after washing.  Then continue sewing on the petals till you have the look you want.  A button in the center is nice, or sew in a center piece, or sew on beads, whatever you like.

Now, you could do one large flower or a bouquet or just a fun design.  Great for kids clothing too.  Great way to cover up that annoying stain!!!!  This looks like it would take a long time but you will be pleasantly surprised!!!

It's been another busy week Stabbin Rags but I did get my stash room cleaned out.  It was the project from H, gad I couldn't open or close the door for all the crap in there.  This room is nothing but bins of fabric floor to higher than me, I threw out so much junk and fabric no one would ever use!!! Plus old clothing I just can't part with, well the part happened and I found the new Goodwill drop off in Middleton and they even unloaded my car for me!!!  Now, the rest of the house, you should see the kitchen cupboards????????

2 comments:

Dog Days

Dog Days
When is Dinner? Hope we don't get Vegetables again.