.

Wednesday, March 14

Summer is here!!????

The weather is certainly something else, we are enjoying 80' days and loving every minute !!!!  I hear from my up north friends and they are basking in the warm weather also.  One day the temps were only 2' apart from Wisconsin to Missouri and to Arkansas, don't see that very often!!!

This lovely tree blooming in our backyard is some sort of pear tree that does not have pears????  It is so pretty, we also have some tree with flowers in the front yard and some say it is a peach or pear tree???  Guess we will find out.

Well, I've been making some hats for cancer patients, there is a sewing event on Monday at a shop in town to make the turbans and hats.  I made this style and will donate them as we will be in Hot Springs AR. for a visit next week.  We'll return to have our best friends from Wisconsin drop in on their way home from a relaxing winter in Florida.  Can't wait!!!!

And my scarf dyeing is going off in other directions, RUST!!!  What you can do with rusty nails, old drill bits, copper tubing, old horse shoes, WOW.  And then to stay true to form I did the green with food coloring and vinegar.  The deepest green is a cheater with commercial dye and vinegar.  Trying for a real teal, hard to get with food coloring!!!!  And then I just gave up and just did the rust and I like that one too, nails for the border and horse shoes, wish I liked horses.  I really do like horses but I am  afraid of them!!!

Another great day ahead!!!  Enjoy!!!
                                                                   

2 comments:

  1. Love the scarves and great artistic display!!!!! I'm with you on the horses--very big animals equals scary. But their shoes sure make great scarves.

    Feels like Florida here in Illinois. Fun to find out what's planted in your new home. Walked to the pond today to see the mallard pairs and lots of red winged blackbirds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fun and newsy blog, Jackie. The scarves and hats are GREAT! So sorry to hear about Dakota. Glad to hear the good ol' sport is growing accustomed to that wheelchair/cart, but so sorry the poor soul needs it. That li'l grandbaby of yours just gets cuter every day, if that's even possible!

    ReplyDelete

Dog Days

Dog Days
When is Dinner? Hope we don't get Vegetables again.