.

Wednesday, May 2

Summer is upon us!!!!

Not sure when summer really starts anymore but we are having nice hot days, lovin' it!!!!  And I don not know where the time goes but it does and I haven't written anything for ages!!!

All is going well here in Mid-MO.  The folks are doing well, Dad has had some cancer removed from is nose and cheek but he heals fast and he's back in the saddle??? no actually back on the couch!!!!


Last weekend the Fiber Arts group I belong to held their 7th annual Fiber Fest.  A very well organized event that drew hundreds of folks and vendors from the entire midwest area.  A really nice show with all kinds of neat stuff!!!  Since this group is really fiber oriented they had beautiful yarns and fiber for weaving, spinning, knitting, crocheting etc.  I was one of the two booths that upcycle and recycle, I was very pleased at the response and sales.  Next they have a Missouir Fiber Arts conference here at the Lake I will be a vendor in that too.   For those who know me I tried to learn to knit from my friend Carolyn at the Sewing Retreat, the wine was much more fun!!!!

Since my arrival I was wondering what I would do with all my spare time???!!!!  My folks take up alot of time but I can always make room!!!  I found a wonderful gal, Denise and she owns Crafted Creations and I am helping her with her alteration business when she is overwhelmed.  So, I can still sew and play!!!!  This cute little guy is the logo for a new business here at the Lake, a pack/ship/print/mail type of biz.  The costume is made from a box and I think he hopes someone will wear it, on a cool day only, gad it must weigh 25 pounds.  But I covered the box, made the hat and painted the face, and tried to make a whirligig for the top but it just didn't work out!!!  He's on his own for that!!!  It was fun to make despite all the swearing, I have a much quicker and easier idea if he wants more!!!!!

Tomorrow we head out for a roadtrip to Warsaw and Cole Camp, hopefully they have coconut cream pie!!!  More on that one later........
                         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dog Days

Dog Days
When is Dinner? Hope we don't get Vegetables again.