.

Saturday, January 16

January Sew In Mittens and Hats!!!!








Friday afternoon a few of us from Sewing Guild got together and whipped up some hat and mitten sets for school age kids in our area that are going without.  We made the hat and mitten sets out of fleece and they turned out very nicely, hopefully kids will like them!!!!  We have been doing charity sewing all along with our Sewing Guild but lately have met so many more folks doing this kind of sewing for people all over the area, it might be sweater mittens, the blanket projects, bags for the troops, preemie items, knit items the list goes on and on.  It's refreshing to know how many people are digging in and helping others!!!  It really feels good to give!!!  I've always said you have to give to get!!!

My friends Bob and Jo have been very kind helping me do this web site and blog and now they have put one together for my son and daughter in laws roofing business in Lake of the Ozarks.Above & Beyond Roofing    They donated over 2,000 cans of food to a local food pantry, they gave 100 cans of food for each roof they did in the month of December, check their site pretty impressive.  What one small , local company can do is just amazing!!!!


The shop has been super busy with tons of drop offs, I'll sew all weekend in hopes to make a dent by Tuesday.  This week I also took a bit of time and cleaned out two trays that were really bothering me!!!  When my son Brandon was home we have to hit Harbor Freight, his favorite hang out next to Delaneys a salvage/junk store above Sauk City.  I found these plastic storage bin containers and thought wow those will really work for the sewing stuff.  The one is needles, thimbles, different feet, and a few odds and ends, all that had been collecting dust in a tray now nice and neat.  The next one I used for zipper parts, much easier than little baggies.  So these units are everywhere but a few minutes will make your sewing alot easier!!!

Stay warm and Happy Sewing and Giving!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Those are great- way to go ladies! I love the storage boxes, too- great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Dog Days

Dog Days
When is Dinner? Hope we don't get Vegetables again.