.

Saturday, January 23

Valentine Sweatshirt Jacket


Hard to believe it's Valentines Day in 3 weeks or so!!!  Time flies when your sewing!!  This project is not unique in any fashion.  People have been creating one fun project after another with the simple sweatshirt, it's amazing how they can be turned into beautiful jackets and toppers!!!!!  This is super simple and I only did this becuase this cut up sweatshirt has been hanging around for years!!!  I took Martha Stewarts idea of using corragated cardboard, cut in strips and roll up into shapes, hers were just circles to look like flowers, I choose hearts for Valentines Day.  So I cut the strips 12-15" long and 2-3" wide, rolled up and taped to resemble a heart, very primitive!!!!  Then I put some paint on a paper plate and used the rooled up cardboard like a sramp and went to town.  Then I painted pink poka dots randomly over the shirt.  Then I serged down the front and neck, topstitched  to clean finish.  The neck got big so I pulled a red ribbon thru and tied a bow instead of buttons.  Then I did a running stitch along the front and neck with embroidery floss.  And we have a Valentines sweatshirt/topper!!!!


Now this stamping with cardboard could be fun for note cards, Valentine cards or postcards.  You could stamp out a table runner, napkins, tableclothes, it is endless what you can do!!!  Perfect for kids, little to no cost and very effective.  Add more color do in pinks, purples, reds etc.  I think this is a  brillant idea and think of all the shapes and things you can roll up!Now I have some darling  lacey hearts I'm going to put on a black sweatshirt, hopefully before this Valentines Day!!!  And a customer brought by 2 big boxes of tins from cookies etc.  Can't wait to play with them, they are great for storage and gifts and  this list goes on!!!


We're in the midst of rain and dreary, however makes for great sewing and cooking days.  I hit my favorite resale, Puttin on the Ritz here in Middleton on Friday and found some great cook books, hopefully I'll get the cranberry scones made tomorrow morning.  Plus I got a brand new Tupperware microwave cooker thing not sure how it works but great to use in the microwave, I'll look on line!!!  And I got the Julie Julia book, the movie was such fun so glad to get the book too.

Winter is not over but the days are longer so there is hope!!!

1 comment:

  1. I like what you did with the ribbon on the collar!

    -Taryn

    ReplyDelete

Dog Days

Dog Days
When is Dinner? Hope we don't get Vegetables again.