.

Thursday, February 3

I Love My Dogs!!!!!

I was paging thru Veranda magazine and found my chair and ottoman and it was pictured with 3 pillows and a throw, one was a dog bone!!!!!!  This is what I've been looking for!!!!  So I quick cut out a dog bone and dug around in my stash and found the corduroy with the gold labs and presto!!! a new pillow for me!!!  Then I got to thinking about my dogs and of course Cody is the easiest, so denim, old scrap jeans and the Alabama Chanin applique technique and another personalized pillow!!!


To make these fun pillows I took some newspaper and drew out the bone shape then folded the paper in quarters and cut it out so it was even all around.  Then I cut out 2 pieces for the front and back and a 3" gusset to go all around.  Then I made the trim with bias tape and cording.  Sew the cording on first with a zipper foot to get nice and close.  I appliqued the pillow top first, then put on the cording, mark your top so you start in the same place for the gusset. front and back.  Sew up and leave an opening, stuff, sew shut and you are ready freddy!!!



I think these could be great gifts for doggie lovers!!!!!

We had quite the blizzard here in Wisconsin this week, lots of shoveling!!!!
  Now that, that is over with, time for Spring and nice weather!!!!! 

 Happy Sewing!!!!

1 comment:

  1. How cute! Don't you remember when Brandon and I made that dog bed for Bleu and sewed his name on that as well! Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Dog Days

Dog Days
When is Dinner? Hope we don't get Vegetables again.