.

Sunday, February 20

This takes the Cake!!!!! Toooo much fun!!!!!!

I know this has been around awhile but it's fairly new to me.  Someone sent around a You Tube clip on making bags and stuff out of plastic bags.  So I watched a couple of the clips and decided today is really crappy, snowy, cold and even thundering so perfect day to PLAY!!!

Gather up some plastic bags for these projects I used the plastic sleeves the newspaper comes in everyday.  These bags are also good for picking up poop!!!  And as y'all know I have 3 large puppie dogs hence lots and lots of poop!!!  I just can't believe someone figured out ironing these goofy bags together works and makes for a great "fabric", no fraying just tooo much fun to sew on and play with.  If you use Wallie World bags cut off the handles and bottoms so you have a flat piece

You will need an iron set on synthetics or polyester, wax paper or parchment paper, and your bags.  I did an 8 ply which is simply 8 layers of plastic, so with the sleeves I used 4 bags.  It only takes 15-20 seconds for the plastic to bond, press each side, it will scrunch up and get a leathery look, once pressed pull off the paper, if it's not all bonded together repeat the pressing.  You can reuse the wax paper till it has holes in it.

  Next I cut out the wallet, it's an old pattern from the 80's but kind of neat, I put a zipper in this time, you can find tons of patterns online for free.  This wallet was made with 2 red bags and 4 blue bags to give it the maroon/pink color, I put the blue bags in between the red bags.  In this case the red bags are for the Sunday paper, bigger and the blue bags the daily so they are smaller.

The peace purse I just started cutting and made a strap about 30" long, should be longer for todays bags.  It has a slanted flap and slanted pocket.  I have zig zagged around everything to hold it all together and I like the look.  I believe you need to keep a longer stitch length when doing these projects or you will perforate the plastic and it will tear apart.

The skys the limit with this one!!!  I'm thinking rain hats,  rain coat???, any kind of tote or purse, wallet, cell phone holder, diaper bag, this list goes on and on!!!  What a cheap and easy project for kids and adults, going completely green!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dog Days

Dog Days
When is Dinner? Hope we don't get Vegetables again.