.

Wednesday, February 9

Winter Projects!!!

This time of year is usually slower than other times so I have more time to fool around!!!  I acquired this hot pink sweater in a throw away bag and it happened to be 90% wool, so I quick washed and dried it and made up these mittens and headband. 

 The mittens are the generic pattern people are using for the sweater mittens that are so popular this year, again!!!  And the band is just a piece  approx. 8"x 19", measure your head and allow for the stretch, it must go around!!!????  Then I free hand cut out flowers in 3 sizes and some circles, a few vintage silver buttons and you have a flowered head band.  I hand sewed on the flowers and buttons and tacked the petals so they didn't all droop!!!! 
 Kind of fun!!!


Next I have a customer who has a 2 year old grandson in the Seattle area and he loves to cook with his Mom!!! 
 So we made a Valentines apron for him.  
I had no idea what size, my boys are a tad older!!, so my friend Carolyn drafted me a pattern and I cut the apron and pockets and straps from denim and red hearts and initial. 
 Very simple, applique the hearts and initial on and sew the straps in place, cut out a lining of whatever and sew around, turn inside out and press
 Topstitch around the apron to close up your opening for turning.
  I made the neck closure with Velcro. 
 Hope the mini chef likes his new apron!!!!

And for my two  favorite girls I can make up some for your daughters!!!!!!!

It's been quite the winter, we are very cold here and so much snow all over the midwest, hope everyone can dig out!!!! 
 It's the best time for sewers and crafters, much more fun to hang out in the sewing room this time of year than summer!!!!!

  Happy Shoveling!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dog Days

Dog Days
When is Dinner? Hope we don't get Vegetables again.