.

Friday, October 23

The Blazer!!!


I did this a few years ago, took an old blazer and sewed on some old buttons then I got tired of that and made a purse and sewed the buttons on the flap and now I'm back to a basic black blazer with the lapels covered in Granny's old buttons!!!  I just love it and I get so many comments!!

It's a great way to use your family button jar.  I purchased this wool jacket at Savers for $4.99, had it dry cleaned and started sewing.  I use waxed, 4 strands of threads and away we go...just start and cover the lapel.  If you have fewer buttons place in a nice pattern.  You could just go around the edges or do groupings.  Remember odd numbers are much more pleasing to the eye, so do groups of three, five , etc. use large and small together.  I did not photograph the back but in the center back is a large rhinestone button and under that is my Dad's dog tags from his stint in the CCC's many moons ago, bling and reality.

This is the same Granny I got the Stabbin'Rags from, I'll also share another saying she used often...this is something alteration/tailoring folks will appreciate.  Often time people want their clothes let out and when you say there's not enough fabric they give you the oddest look, so she'd say " I guess they want me to chew rags and shit goods!!!"  And for those that don't know what   'goods' are  that is fabric!!!!

Now find that button jar and have some fun!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dog Days

Dog Days
When is Dinner? Hope we don't get Vegetables again.