.

Thursday, October 1

My First Blog Entry. I hemmed 25 pairs of pants and jeans .

I'm Jackie, and  decided to start a blog about my sewing business and crafty things I do. 

My Grandmother was a seamstress/tailor thus, the name.
When she went to work, she referred to it as, "stabbin' rags!!!

Today was a full day of hemming.  I hemmed 25 pairs of pants and jeans . 
I do alot of original hems for jeans, which is a neat way to keep the original stitching in place!!! 
It's really easy.
Take the amount of the hem say 2" and fold the hem up right side to right side.
Take the amount of the hem and divide in half pin that amount next to the original sewing line.
So you would have folded the hem up and pinned on the double 1" plus the hem.
Sew right next to the original stitching and you have just hemmed the jeans to the correct length.
Now you may want to serge off the excess
Be sure to leave at least a 1/2" seam. Tack at the seams,  glue down the front and back with stitch witchery.

I'm heading off to a sewing retreat with the Madison Sewing Guild chapter in Cashton, Wi.
                            Should be tons of fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dog Days

Dog Days
When is Dinner? Hope we don't get Vegetables again.