.

Thursday, October 15

The week is over!!!

Well my work week is over so to speak, lots of work to complete but the doors are locked!!!
 Everyone thinks I can get all this work done in 3 days, no way!!!
 But it's been a good week and my friends Jolynn and Carolyn have been over and are the best rippers in the world!!!!
Thanks ladies you make the time fly!!!

Tonight  we saw the new Michael Moore movie, Capitalism a love story, a very interesting and thought provoking film.
  It's amazing how this country has ended up with the help of both parties,  makes one wonder which way to turn!!!!

I'm getting re-excited about working with men's ties again!!!
 I want to do some more purses and skirts and whatever else comes to mind.
 Ties are really fun and colorful and they can be made into so many cool things.
 I prefer to keep the interfacing because when I make the duffle style bag I sew the tie pieces onto a piece of old denim or muslin and then assemble with zipper and lining, thus making a very sturdy bag.
This can be a problem with a regular home sewing machine as the seams get very heavy and thick.
For some of the bags I just zig zag the ties together and same for the skirts.  This way the skirt or bag lays very nicely and no lumps.  Ties are easy to come by at garage sales and thrift stores.
 I'm lucky to have friends who are on the lookout, so I have a steady supply.

Happy sewing and have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dog Days

Dog Days
When is Dinner? Hope we don't get Vegetables again.